For the first time in 90 years, the Divine Liturgy was celebrated at the Trinity Church in Zaraysk on 07/19/2026translated

On July 19, in the Church of the Life-Giving Trinity in Zaraysk, the Divine Liturgy took place for the first time in almost a century of silence. The service was performed by the dean of the 2nd Zaraisk deanery district, the rector of the church, Priest Roman Kudelin, and the dean of the 1st Zaraisk deanery district, Archpriest Pyotr Spiridonov. Many parishioners came to the first liturgy. The temple was built in 1776–1788 in the Baroque style on the site of a burnt wooden church. In 1808, a refectory was added with two chapels - Nikolsky and Uspensky - already in the style of classicism. During the Soviet years, the temple was closed; since 1936, a museum has been located here. Only in 2014 the building was returned to the church, but there were no regular services. On July 10, 2026, by decree of Metropolitan Pavel of Krutitsky and Kolomna, Trinity Church became an independent parish, as well as the main temple of the 2nd Zaraisk deanery district.





